EAFL’s packed 2010 Festival program includes author sessions, workshops and entertainment for adults, children and teens. Held from March 10th-13th at the InterContinental Hotel in Dubai Festival City, the Festival is under the patronage of Dubai Culture &Arts Authority (Dubai Culture).
EAFL tickets are priced from AED 39 and can be purchased from the Festival’s official website- www.emirateslitfest.com. Simultaneous translation will be available for all author sessions.
More details to are to come, but for now here are some highlights:
- A session on ‘Emerging Emirati Writers’ and the launch of Khaled Al Budoor’s collection of historic Emirati poetry, Looking Back with Love.
- Conversations with two International Prize for Arabic Fiction (IPAF) winners, Youssef Ziedan and Bahaa Taher.
- A session of Arabic poetry, including Amjad Nasser, Iman Mersal and Samer Abou Hawwash.
- Conversations with the Iranian graphic novelist Marjane Satrapi.
- Imran Ahmad on the challenges of getting published post 9-11.
- Nadia Fouda and Andy Smart on the challenges of translating The Gruffalo from English into Arabic.
- Children’s storytelling events in Arabic by Nadine Touma, Taghreed Najjar and Fatima Sharafeddine.