A Tale of Four Cities is an online literary magazine featuring fiction and creative nonfiction set in real locations in four cities – New York, Dubai, London and the first guest city, Mumbai. This project bridges the gap between travel writing and creative writing, bringing together stories that reflect the real and the imagined within our cities. The website, www.talefourcities.com, will be coming soon with your stories.
Submit a Story
We are accepting pre-launch submissions of fiction or creative nonfiction that reflect the best emerging writing from New York, Dubai and London, as well a rotating featured guest city. We are looking for stories that are rich with detail and have a strong sense of place, a compelling narrative and a distinct voice. Stories can cover a range of topics, but the locations must be real. Stories should be approximately 500 to 1,000 words.
This month’s featured guest city is Mumbai.
Prelaunch submissions should be sent by 11th March. Once the website is live, we will be accepting ongoing submissions.
· Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Stories should be approximately 500 to 1,000 words
· Stories should be your original writing and cannot be published elsewhere· We only accept submissions via e-mail
· Please copy your story into the body of the e-mail
· In the subject line of the e-mail, please list the city in which your story is set and whether your story falls under the category of fiction or nonfiction
· If you are sending multiple submissions, each story must be sent in a separate e-mail
· At the bottom of the story, please state the exact location of your story, including addresses if applicable
· Include a brief biography of yourself (less than 50 words); you may also include your website if you’d like it to be included